The Lansmont QR-3000 and Quick Release (QR) Series drop testers are designed to drop test larger, bulkier packages than the PDT Series. They can perform repeatable free-fall drop tests (flat, edge and comer) on packages of virtually any size and shape.
Models are available to accommodate specimens weighing up to 3,000 pounds (1,361 Kg). Drop test height is limited only by the lifting device used by the customer (forklift, winch, etc.).
The Lansmont QR-3000 Drop Tester consists of a quick release mechanism, lifting ring, and foot switch. Straps wrapped around the test item form a sling that is attached to the lifting ring, which is placed in the jaws of the quick release mechanism. The quick release mechanism and package are then raised to a predetermined height by a forklift, winch, or other lifting device (not included). The foot switch activates a solenoid in the mechanism, causing the latch jaws to open and release the test package.
The quick release mechanism was designed to provide maximum reliability and safety. It will safely hold the load if there is a loss of power or someone inadvertently pulls out the wall plug. In addition, the foot switch is protected inside a metal guard enclosure to avoid accidental activation of the switch.
- High strength aluminum construction for durability and ruggedness
- Heavy duty industrial solenoid designed for quiet operation and long life
- Hardened steel cam rollers rotate with package release to ensure a vertical drop and distribute wear
- Foot switch is covered by a metal guard to prevent accidental activation
- Positive locking design will not release load in the event of power loss
- Latch jaws and linkage have self-lubricating, low friction bearings
- Forged steel eyebolt provides convenient lifting point
- Foot switch assembly detaches easily from mechanism for convenient set-up and storage
Lansmont QR-3000 :: Feature Summary
|Minimum Drop Capacity||25 lb (11 kg)|
|Maximum Drop Capacity||3,000 lb (1,361 kg)|
|Standard Power||115 Vac, 60 Hz|
|Optional Power||230 Vac, 50/60 Hz|
|Lifting Device||Customer Supplied|
|Dimensions||6″ W x 4″ D x 16″ H (152mm W x 102mm D x 406mm H)|
|Weight||22 lb (10 kg)|